What are the benefits of JECT and what treatments will address my #skincaregoals?
Temporarily improve, reduce or eliminate the look of moderate to severe facial lines and wrinkles, resulting in a refreshed, rested, more youthful look
- Fill in lines
- Restore volume in the face, resulting in decreased lines and wrinkles
- Redefine lips, cheeks, jaw line, under eyes and more, creating a more defined look
- Improves texture
- Removes/decreases hyperpigmentation (dark spots, sun spots)
- Improves fine lines and wrinkles
- Improves appearance of acne, skin breakouts
- Improves appearance of small scars
- Improves coarse wrinkles
- Brightens skin
How is JECT different from a regular doctor’s office?
What makes a facial medical-grade? How is it different from a regular spa facial?
I'm worried about looking frozen or overdone.
I’ve heard that people are starting to get injections earlier these days — even before they have wrinkles. What’s the deal?
Does it hurt?
Can I go back to work after the injection?Definitely. Any redness or swelling will be mild, and should subside within a few hours, but often goes away in only a few minutes. While it is possible that minor bruising may occur (everyone’s skin is unique, after all), it’s a temporary side effect and does not have any bearing on the success of the treatment. We recommend avoiding alcohol and ibuprofen 24 hours prior to treatment to reduce your risk of bruising. And yes, it’s totally fine to put on makeup afterward.
How long are the treatments?
How long do results last?
What is the best aftercare? Is there downtime?We’ve developed a handy cheat sheet below to make your treatments last longer and aftercare a breeze. For injectables:
- Avoid exercise for 12 to 24 hours
- Avoid laying down for ~2 hours
- Avoid face down positions (i.e. massage) for ~24 hours
- Avoid vigorously rubbing areas treated for 48 hours
- Avoid salty foods and drink lots of water, especially with filler treatments
- For dermal fillers, we recommend using a topical hyaluronic acid for extra long-lasting results.
- Avoid contact with water on treated skin for at least 2 hours
- Avoid strenuous exercise post-treatment for 12 to 24 hours
- We recommend using a skin recovery cream, such as Glytone Soothing Lipid Recovery Cream, for 3 to 5 days following the chemical peel
- We recommend using sunscreen, such as Glytone Sunscreen Lotion Broad Spectrum SPF 40, for 7 days following the peel (and every day, duh!)
- If you experience peeling, we recommend allowing your skin to heal on its own time (read: no picking!)
- Avoid laser or microdermabrasion treatments for 48 hours